1. I'm a genuinely caring individual who tries to help out whenever I can.
2. I've learned that family isn't just blood, those I've found in life, have been just as important to me. And I live by one simple quote: "I don’t care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching—they are your family, and they are my heroes.”
3. I like to spend time with my friends and play board games, I also like to play video games and read good books. There's nothing like being told the story that you can get lost in, so that you escape life for a little while.
4. I'd love to see Europe and experience history, maybe one day we may travel from the Parthenon to Venice or stop at Piccadilly Circus in London, but mostly I really just enjoy spending time with my family and friends because in the long run they're the only ones who understand me and the only ones that I know I can always be at home with.
5. I think the most important thing to know about me is that I care too much and I invest myself more than I probably should in those around me. It isn't enough to just be there, I really love my "family" and I don't know where I'd be without them, so I make sure that the time I have, is spent with them.
I’ve never met anyone quite like my husband, Andrew. He is warm, compassionate, intelligent, and loving. Andrew is the best cheerleader I know. So often, I get stuck in my head and he is there to keep me moving and reaching towards our goals and dreams. He is a provider to friends, family and co-workers. If there is something he can do to make a person just a bit more comfortable he will do it. Whether providing a meal for a sick loved one, a ride for someone whom is stranded or even just an ear/shoulder to use as a sounding board Andrew is there.
With children, these qualities that make him the man I love and adore are doubled if not tripled. Countless times, I've witnessed him with an upset child, once Andrew gives them his attention, within a few moments the child gets the brightest smile on his/her face and has him wrapped in a huge hug. He has been dubbed a ‘cartoon character’ by many of our friends due to his nature with all children and how much they grow to love him after a very short time. Unca Andrew is loved by many.
His heart is the purest I have ever known. He is the soft place to land after a hard day. Andrew is the mix of adventure and comfort. While there are times nothing is better than curling up on the couch in ‘comfs’ and putting on a Harry Potter movie, the latest Pixar movie or an action adventure there are times where we go exploring different nature trails around the island, or neighboring states, trying new places whether locally, in NYC or a new city we love to explore and learn together.
What a child can expect with Andrew as dad:
Unwavering support and guidance to navigate life as he or she grows up
So much laughter and light
The structure and consistency needed for a stable upbringing
Traditions from a culture founded on community, joy and family
All of himself…. Nothing hidden, nothing fake, just 100% genuine Andrew and everything that entails.