Ten Fun Facts about Kristen
1. She is an animal lover.
2. If she doesn't find adventure, adventure finds her.
3. She loves to be self-sufficient and grow her own food.
4. Gardening is her place of peace.
5. She set aside a productive career to be a stay-at-home mom and is slowly adjusting.
6. Reading a good book on a rainy day is one of her favorite ways to relax.
7. She is the 2nd born in a large family.
8. If you were stranded on a deserted island, you wouldn't need a utility knife, you would only need Kristen for sure survival.
9. Her application of Christian faith is kindness-based.
10.She is devoted to her family.
Kristen is strong. When she faces a challenge, she is the type of person that starts to problem solve ways to address it. We were watching tv the other day and she was like, “I can’t watch this anymore.” We were watching Sahara with Matthew McConaughey, Steve Zahn and Penelope Cruz and the female character kept getting swept up and saved and never really had many original thoughts. Kristen’s walk away quote was, “there is no possible way that a woman needs that much saving. If an armored tank was heading straight for me and my friends, there is no way I would look at the guy next to me and say ‘what now?'”
When I met Kristen, she was mentoring kids on the street, empowering them to see a way out of there situation. She believes that everybody is capable of facing the day and she will be your biggest cheerleader. When our son falls down or does something that creates those heart-wrenching crocodile tears, she picks him up and tells him, “Xander. You are strong. You will be okay.” She follows up with a soothing kiss on the forehead. The courage in my sons' eyes when she tells him that says it all.
My wife is strong and she knows how to put courage in other peoples heart. What I see as strong, the world sees as sensitive. I don’t know how she does it. We live in a small community and Kristen is known for her advocacy skills and ability to be genuine and sensitive. She has such a gentle heart. She has brought socks and underwear to the women living outside during winter months, she has sat down with runaways and helped them make a decision that is best for them and she has driven hundreds of miles to make sure a shelter animal makes it to their new family.
She loves animals, the outdoors, gardening, sunshine and adventure. She is really easy to spend time with and is friendly and fun.
I love her and could talk about her strengths for days. She isn’t perfect, but she is amazing.